Senior Manager, Director – Global Compensation
LocationLondon, United Kingdom
Salary£110,000 - £130,000
A fabulous opportunity has arisen for an experienced compensation professional who has a passion for creatively solving problems and building and shaping approaches and processes. The Senior Compensation Manager/Director will oversee the strategy and execution of compensation programs across several business units and will provide consultative guidance, recommendation and governance on Compensation related topics.
The main duties of the role involve the following:
- Own the Global Compensation advisory, relationship, and stakeholder interaction for business services.
- Develop and maintain effective business partnerships and serve as a consultant in strategic and tactical approaches to compensation across the business functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand business goals and market trends and leverage this insight to recommend and influence new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements.
- Be responsible for helping shape the compensation strategy in the functions and ensure they support competitive positioning of the business.
- Providing strategic compensation advisory on all compensation issues, including market trends, compensation structure, compensation assessment in new businesses, benchmarking, and individual role pricing.
- Create compensation models for staff that are market competitive for the desired talent profiles and internally consistent. Develop models and analyses to support business decisions
- Assess and manage risk for business services compensation models and ensure that they comply with the firm’s risk guidelines.
- Own the compensation project portfolio and contribute to assigned key initiatives across the range of areas covered by Global Compensation Team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master/ MBA a plus
- Proven corporate and/or consulting compensation experience, ideally including tech/digital profiles, showing progression and leadership role
- Experience working across a number of areas of compensation; including benchmarking, range and program design
- Familiarity with a number of different benchmarking surveys and approaches as well as job evaluation
- Experience working across several different geographies essential
- Ability to drive analysis and processes with limited guidance, and comfort with uncertainty (e.g. potentially limited data)
- Proven ability to design creative solutions to ambiguous problems
- Proven senior stakeholder and Leadership interaction and managements skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (especially in relation to senior executives)
- Executive compensation experience desirable