LocationLuton, United Kingdom
Salary£65,000 plus bonus and share scheme
Excellent career development and opportunities, based in Luton with shuttle bus service from Luton Parkway Station
Flexibility to work on a hybrid basis
As a key member of the Group Financial Control team, this role will provide technical accounting guidance to the business. The Group Financial Control team are responsible for closing the monthly financials as well as the internal and external financial reporting. Support on the co-ordination and implementation of new accounting standards, including detailed understanding of the standard, impact analysis on the business, the implementation process, disclosure preparation and communication with Board and Senior Management.
This role exists to ensure all technical accounting and reporting requirements are met
- Accounting and external financial reporting are technically compliant, accurate and of a reasonable standard compared with peer group (FTSE 100).
- Board and senior management have appropriate understanding of the technical accounting environment relevant to the business.
- Accounting considerations of key changes/projects are fully considered.
- Be responsible for assisting the business on ad-hoc queries on accounting technical matters.
- Prepare reports to the Audit Committee and senior management on technical matters.
- Active involvement in new projects/business change to ensure that accounting implications are fully understood.
- Work closely with financial planning and analysis team to ensure future projections in the model are consistent with board approved plans.
- Assist in the preparation of technical areas of the Annual Report and review the report for technical compliance and accuracy.
- Review statutory financial statements for compliance with local GAAP and legal regulations.
- Build constructive relationships both internally, tax, treasury, FP&A and externally, with external auditors and other accountancy firms.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Qualified ACA/CA or equivalent non-UK qualification with reasonable post qualified experience
- Minimum 2:1 degree, in a well-regarded university.
- Technically strong with experience in applying IFRS
- Balances strong accounting technical knowledge with commercial awareness, in particular IFRS 16
- Ability to research complex accounting matters and conclude on treatment based on accounting standards.
- Manage own time across variety of tasks and projects to deliver to deadlines
- Effective presentation skills and ability to flex style to communicate at all levels up to the PLC Board
- Hands on with strong attention to detail.
- A true self- starter with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm