LocationWatford , United Kingdom
Salary£70,000 - £75,000 plus benefits
18 month Fixed Term Contract
Start date – Earliest Mid November latest Mid December
We are seeking a talented Financial Controller to join a very successful UK entity of a European group. The role reports into the Finance Director and is responsible for a small finance team. This role could accommodate an established Financial Controller or someone who has a strong management accounting background seeking Financial Control exposure.
There is a good breadth of exposure including stakeholder engagement, commercial activity and technical reporting.
The job holder will manage the transactional finance function and have a thorough knowledge base of each of the areas within the finance remit, including the P&L and balance sheet, month / quarter end reporting, AP, AR, banking, inventory and net working capital.
This position is responsible for key accounting and reporting processes and for the provision of financial analysis and business analytics support to the commercial departments.
Due to the structure of the UK function, the role will suit a ‘hands on’ individual who enjoys being pivotal to the UK business and working as part of a team.
The main duties of the role involve the following:
- Manage and support members in the finance team, including AP, AR and Business Analysts
- Ensuring team awareness of all systems, enabling them to record all transactions and payments in a timely appropriate manner
- Executing a strong working understanding, knowledge and ability in accounting, sales and distribution and reporting processes
- Month end duties including preparation and submission of management accounts
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with key internal stakeholders
- Liaise with the key stakeholders of these services on a regular basis to discuss progress against budgets and to aid their understanding of financial results
- Respond to information requests from both internal and external customers
- Ad hoc projects focusing on the improvement and development of the accounting function (SAP, reporting tools, information interfaces)
- Month end accounting and reporting
- Production and reporting of daily and monthly KPI’s
- Budget and year end estimate submission
Desired Skills & Experience
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA with relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, commercially focused environment
- Time management and organisational skills
- Strong stakeholder management capability
- Innovative and able to drive process efficiencies and systems improvements
- High attention to detail, process and systems