German Financial Controller
C £70,000 plus benefits
The German Financial Controller is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting records of the Legal Entities in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS. Supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting closing process, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and works with local management to ensure that business processes and controls are established and followed. To be considered you must have held a Controller role within a German business and be competent with German business law.
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS.
- Responsible for the Legal Entity control environment
- Partnering with regional finance lead and Business Leaders to complete monthly reporting.
- Preparation and submission of year-end tax packs, VAT returns and payments
- Review of sales contracts and terms and conditions to ensure that revenue recognition criteria are met and reviewing purchase contracts/discussion with FD’s to ensure that liabilities are properly accounted for.
- Preparation of technical papers in respect of all significant one-off items
- Ensure that local GAAP statutory financial statements and all other statutory filings are completed in line with local deadlines.
- Participating / leading system, operational or process changes as required.
- Acting as the interface for internal and external audits and driving simplification and continuous improvement of financial processes.
- Working closely with the businesses on initiatives and advising on implications from a local GAAP and IFRS point of view.
- Providing financial support in respect of major decisions affecting the organisation i.e. strategic initiatives including pension and worker’s compensation issues, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in Finance & Controlling in a German based busienss
- Professional accounting qualification or equivalent German University Degree or Geprüfter Bilanzbuchalter
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems
- Strong local GAAP & IFRS knowledge
- In depth knowledge about differences between IFRS ledgers and transforming these to local GAAP
- Must be results oriented, decisive, proactive and focused.
- Ability to write and speak fluent English and German is essential.
- Must show confidence in communication to a wide range of audiences and present information in a clear, professional and open manner.
- Persuasive and able to convince others by delivering and maintaining a reasoned & logical argument.
- Able to build strong relationships external/other internal stakeholders.
- Must be goal and achievement oriented and be a change champion.
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please apply with your CV.